PART of the latest instalment of a German TV franchise was shot at a sex shop in Truro.
FFP New Media used the Mrs Palm sex shop in Little Castle Street to film scenes for one of its feature-length adaptations of a romantic novel written by Cornish-born Rosamunde Pilcher. The scene showed the fatherin-law character bumping into a saucily dressed mannequin from Mrs Palm's while on a walk with his daughter-in-law.
Nikki Hewett, joint owner of Mrs Palm, said: I was delighted that they wanted to film my window display of corsets and lingerie.
I gather her books are hugely popular in Germany and as they are filmed in Cornish locations they generate a lot of tourism into Cornwall.
It did cause a bit of a stir when the film crew arrived and set up all their equipment as to what was exactly going on or what was going to be filmed. It turned out be a great day and I was pleased to be asked and to be involved.
To date, more than 70 films based on the Lelant author's work have been made in Cornwall.
They comprise one of the most popular film series in German television history, regularly attracting audiences of more than nine million viewers. Filming of the Pilcher novels is also widely credited with bringing extra tourism to Truro and the surrounding areas.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs