Quanta QCT, an active member of the
Quanta QCT, a leading manufacturer of server, storage and network products for both public and private cloud datacenters, today began accepting orders for its Rackgo X product series.
The Rackgo X product line includes two server solutions, models F03A and F03C. The lineup also includes one storage JBOD (model JBR) and one 10G SFP+ switch (model T3048-LY2). A server motherboard option, the Windmill F03, is also available. The designs for all products in the Rackgo X line will be contributed back to the
Quanta worked with
To help customers get started quickly with Rackgo X, Quanta also offers three reference architectures. The X300 architecture is designed for compute-intensive workloads, while the X500 architecture targets storage- and bandwidth-intensive workloads, and the X700 architecture is tuned for Hadoop and other, more balanced workloads.
The Rackgo X provides a high mean time between failure (MTBF), support for cold-aisle datacenter operation, easily accessible servicing and high rack density. With the combination of centralized power supply and a wider rack width of 21 inches, a much more efficient airflow drives improved power efficiency.
Product lineup details include:
• F03A Server – A high-density, 2OU (Open Rack unit) / four node high-density server designed for compute intensive workloads. Its vanity-free motherboard design results in an improvement of MTBF compared to non-OCP 2OU4N servers. An optional dual-port 10Gbps SFP+ card provides VGA redirection for on-site troubleshooting.
• F03C Server – This 2OU / 3 node design allows enhanced I/O flexibility, enabling simplified datacenter operations.
• JBR Storage – Based on our patented “hidden shelf” design, the JBR doubles density and storage capacity with 28 hot-swappable 3.5” drives in a 2OU configuration. And 80 percent of service calls can be completed in less than three minutes.
• T3048-LY2 Switch – Designed for both public and private cloud deployments with layer 2 and layer 3 networking topologies, the T3048-LY2 delivers high performance, low latency and dual speed 1/10 gigabit Ethernet capabilities.
• Windmill F03 Server Motherboard Option – The Quanta Windmill F03 is a half-width, Intel Xeon ES-2600 product family motherboard that features dual CPU sockets and 16x DIMM slots for workloads demanding high performance infrastructure. They can be inserted into different Rackgo X enclosures to achieve the desired compute/storage balance for different workloads.
"We are thrilled to see Quanta join the ranks of Open Compute Project Solutions Providers, and to see them expand their commitment to open source hardware by contributing their innovative designs back to the foundation. Investments like this, from companies like Quanta, are exactly the kind of thing that is helping the OCP community make datacenter technologies more innovative, more efficient, and more sustainable.”
— Frank Frankovsky
Vice President of Infrastructure,
“It's important for Rackspace and the OCP community to innovate using open hardware standards. This enables us to leverage the best engineering talent across the globe and to bring products to market faster in an efficient and scalable way. To maximize on this opportunity, we have chosen Quanta as one of our technology providers because they offer substantial experience with OCP technology in demanding and highly scalable computing environments.”
— Wesley Jess
Vice President of Supply Chain, Rackspace
“Our customers are on a continual quest for the most capital and operationally efficient datacenter designs.
— Mike Yang
About Quanta QCT
Quanta QCT provides a comprehensive line of server, storage and network switch products for cloud datacenter customers that demand the engineering and manufacturing capabilities provided by one of the world's largest hardware companies, but require hardware tuned and optimized to their unique workload specifications. Headquartered in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11263374.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy