The free-to-download Smart Taxi app includes a unique 'shake-a-taxi' concept allowing users to fetch a cab by merely shaking their cellphone.
According to the report, customers would require to enter their contact number and the app will automatically look for available taxis nearest to them and once the taxi is identified, the driver will confirm the pick-up and notify the customer in real time.
Bahrozyan said that the customer will get all the details about the taxi, including the name and picture of the taxi driver by the time it reaches him.
He further explained that every taxi on the road will now have a message that clearly states if it is vacant, hired or booked, according to which it will show a green, red or orange light.
The chief further revealed that all the taxis will have Wi-Fi, and LCD screens will also be installed where one can get flight information, make check-ins, find out about events and do a variety of other tasks, with ads on one side.
Bahrozyan said that passengers will also be able to rate the drivers' performance through the app when they disembark, the report added. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief