Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "This effect is absent in the isotropic phase, which calls into question particle transport due to the Soret effect."
For more information on this research see: Transport of particles by a thermally induced gradient of the order parameter in nematic liquid crystals. Physical Review E, Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, 2013;87(6):062501.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from M. karabot,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws