"Thinner, lighter, more powerful than ever before...it deserves a new name," the tech company's Senior Vice President
"The new iPad Air weighs just 1 pound (453 grams). That makes it the lightest full-size tablet in the world," he said.
The new tablet will have the faster A7 chip and a "Retina display" with increased screen resolution. It will come in two colors -- silver and "space gray."
"We launched iPad three and a half years ago...iPad has gone on to become one of the most successful products in
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief