NEW YORK -- Carrie Underwood is excited to star in a live television version of "The Sound of Music." But she's also a little nervous, too.
The former "American Idol" winner and six-time Grammy-winning artist equates the experience with "going to a Broadway show, but in your living room."
Underwood will star alongside "True Blood" vampire Stephen Moyer, who plays Captain von Trapp. Broadway veterans Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, and Christian Borle round out the cast as Mother Abbess, Elsa, and Max, respectively.
While Underwood is no stranger to performing before millions of people on live television _ she won the fourth season of "American Idol" _ the multi-platinum selling artist felt she needed more preparation, so she showed up in New York three weeks early.
It happens Dec. 5 on NBC.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts