NEW YORK -- Carrie Underwood is excited to star in a live television version of "The Sound of Music." But she's also a little nervous, too.
The former "American Idol" winner and six-time Grammy-winning artist equates the experience with "going to a Broadway show, but in your living room."
Underwood will star alongside "True Blood" vampire Stephen Moyer, who plays Captain von Trapp. Broadway veterans Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, and Christian Borle round out the cast as Mother Abbess, Elsa, and Max, respectively.
While Underwood is no stranger to performing before millions of people on live television _ she won the fourth season of "American Idol" _ the multi-platinum selling artist felt she needed more preparation, so she showed up in New York three weeks early.
It happens Dec. 5 on NBC.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight