NEW YORK -- Carrie Underwood is excited to star in a live television version of "The Sound of Music." But she's also a little nervous, too.
The former "American Idol" winner and six-time Grammy-winning artist equates the experience with "going to a Broadway show, but in your living room."
Underwood will star alongside "True Blood" vampire Stephen Moyer, who plays Captain von Trapp. Broadway veterans Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, and Christian Borle round out the cast as Mother Abbess, Elsa, and Max, respectively.
While Underwood is no stranger to performing before millions of people on live television _ she won the fourth season of "American Idol" _ the multi-platinum selling artist felt she needed more preparation, so she showed up in New York three weeks early.
It happens Dec. 5 on NBC.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Samsung Launches Milk Music