NEW YORK -- Carrie Underwood is excited to star in a live television version of "The Sound of Music." But she's also a little nervous, too.
The former "American Idol" winner and six-time Grammy-winning artist equates the experience with "going to a Broadway show, but in your living room."
Underwood will star alongside "True Blood" vampire Stephen Moyer, who plays Captain von Trapp. Broadway veterans Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, and Christian Borle round out the cast as Mother Abbess, Elsa, and Max, respectively.
While Underwood is no stranger to performing before millions of people on live television _ she won the fourth season of "American Idol" _ the multi-platinum selling artist felt she needed more preparation, so she showed up in New York three weeks early.
It happens Dec. 5 on NBC.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film