NEW YORK -- Carrie Underwood is excited to star in a live television version of "The Sound of Music." But she's also a little nervous, too.
The former "American Idol" winner and six-time Grammy-winning artist equates the experience with "going to a Broadway show, but in your living room."
Underwood will star alongside "True Blood" vampire Stephen Moyer, who plays Captain von Trapp. Broadway veterans Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, and Christian Borle round out the cast as Mother Abbess, Elsa, and Max, respectively.
While Underwood is no stranger to performing before millions of people on live television _ she won the fourth season of "American Idol" _ the multi-platinum selling artist felt she needed more preparation, so she showed up in New York three weeks early.
It happens Dec. 5 on NBC.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast