The DoD's Iridium EMSS gateway serves as a dedicated portal for the uplink and downlink of mission-critical voice and data traffic through Iridium's satellite network for DoD users and their federal partners. Upgrades and maintenance performed on the gateway will support the renewed, five-year
"Iridium is proud to serve as the only mobile satellite services company offering complete coverage over the entire globe, uniquely positioning us to support the mission-critical communications of our U.S. government customers," said
Iridium NEXT will maintain the existing Iridium constellation mesh architecture of 66 cross-linked Low-Earth-Orbit (LEO) satellites and include six in-orbit spares – all providing coverage over the entire Earth's surface, including Polar Regions. It will deliver more bandwidth and higher data speeds to support powerful new devices with enhanced voice quality, further extending Iridium's ability to service the communications needs of more than 300 government and commercial partners.
For more information on Iridium NEXT, go to www.iridium.com.
Iridium is the only mobile voice and data satellite communications network that spans the entire globe. Iridium enables connections between people, organizations and assets to and from anywhere, in real time. Together with its ever-expanding ecosystem of partner companies, Iridium delivers an innovative and rich portfolio of reliable solutions for markets that require truly global communications. The company has a major development program underway for its next-generation network — Iridium NEXT.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill