education President -->
He said knowledge is becoming a major partner in the national development drive.
Knowledge was once considered imparted through the school or university curricula to the younger generation, he said. President Rajapaksa said the government has prepared the background to spur the country s economic development.
He was speaking at the opening of the Nanotechnology and
He said SINTEC will play a major role to save money spent for the export of many products.
The President stressed the importance of having more public and private sector partnerships to push the country forward in terms of economic development.
President Rajapaksa also requested the management of SINTEC to encourage the students of schools in the neighbourhood towards science and technology by implementing a program under Corporate Social Responsibility.
President Rajapaksa said the government is ready to provide further assistance for the development of this technology in the country. He said that the people in the country underwent a period where a kilo of rice was priced at
He said the government succeeded in ending that era and that the country has become self-sufficient in many products.
Research and Technology Senior Minister Professor
Most Popular Stories
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs