CORNWALL'S only regular film night Roughcut returns to Falmouth on Thursday, October 31 with a suitably spooky blend of horror- themed shorts, music videos and documentaries. Held at the Dogbite Film studio in Falmouth and run as a collaboration by oregion and Dogbite Film crew, Roughcut is an open submission event, which features an eclectic mix of the best short local, national and international short films.
We run this night in Cornwall as we're passionate about creating and sustaining an active film-making scene in Cornwall, said event organiser John Crooks of Dogbite. These events aren't about making a profit, they're about getting film-makers and watchers together to share work and give and receive feedback. Local film-maker and Roughcut programmer Brett Harvey, pictured, added: Roughcut has been in existence for around ten years now and it's been invaluable for my own progress to get my films seen by a live audience. It's helped me to develop from making tiny little silly shorts through to a fullblown feature film. We encourage anybody who makes films to enter work and we ask our audience to give feedback - which is passed back to the film-makers. We're interested in any kind of film - documentaries, music videos, dramas, comedies, etc.
The Roughcut nights, which are individually themed, run on a bi- monthly basis and this month is all about Hallowe'en.
We've got a full-on fright fest of spooky stories and horror, said Brett.
In addition to the films themselves there will be a chance to win prizes in the fancy dress competition and Hallowe'en-style games, including the open entry Foursquare Tournament. The screening takes place next Thursday at 8pm, 5 to 8 Tidemill House, Discovery Quay, Falmouth. Tickets are just Pounds 4 and can be purchased in advance through www.crbo.co.uk or on the door.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?