Madrid, Oct 23 (EFE).- Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich triumphed on Wednesday in Champions League play, giving each club the maximum possible 9 points after three rounds of the group stage.
Those three sides and Atletico Madrid are the only teams in the 32-club tournament to have won all their matches so far.
Two first-half goals by Cristiano Ronaldo led Real Madrid to a 2-1 victory over Juventus, seen by some as the team best-placed to challenge the Blancos for dominance in Group B.
The loss leaves the Italian club in third place with 2 points, trailing Real Madrid and second-place Galatasaray, which has 4 points after beating Copenhagen 3-1 on Wednesday.
The other Spanish team in action Wednesday, Real Sociedad, was shutout 1-0 by Manchester United.
With no points after three matches, Real Sociedad has slim hopes of advancing out of Group A, led by Man United with 7 points. Beyer Leverkusen routed Shakhtar Donetsk 4-0 Wednesday to secure second place in the group.
PSG tightened its grip on the Group C lead with a 5-0 demolition of hapless Anderlecht, powered by four goals from Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Benfica and Olympiacos battled to a 1-1 draw on Wednesday and remain knotted in the Group C standings with 4 points apiece.
Bayern Munich remains in the driver's seat in Group D after inflicting a 5-0 embarrassment on Viktoria Plzen, while Manchester City edged CSKA Moskva 2-1 on Wednesday and sits second in the group with 6 points. EFE
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Original headline: Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern stay perfect in Champions League
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise