WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is preparing for an intense stretch of fundraising for Democrats, planning at least nine fundraisers outside of Washington before the end of the year.
The events will take Obama to more than a half-dozen states, from Florida to California. Obama's appearances will benefit the national Democratic Party as well as committees that raise money for Democratic House and Senate candidates.
First lady Michelle Obama is also pitching in.
Obama and Vice President Joe Biden held off on political events during the government shutdown. But with the crisis averted, top Democrats are looking ahead to the 2014 midterm elections and want to make sure Democrats have the resources they'll need.
Obama has promised to headline at least 20 fundraisers for Democratic committees ahead of next year's elections.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Obama Launches Major Fundraising Push for Dems
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study