Building on its experience from the world’s first three commercially-launched LTE-Advanced networks in
Operators often increase mobile broadband network capacity by deploying FDD-LTE and TD-LTE technologies on multiple frequency bands. With NSN’s LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation they can create larger bandwidths for subscribers by aggregating spectrum resources. NSN carrier aggregation works on paired spectrum allocations (FDD-LTE) and on unpaired spectrum allocations (TD-LTE). For example, on a 40MHz allocation of paired spectrum, operators can offer downlink data rates of up to 300Mbps.
Delivering excellent LTE speed is about both downlink and uplink. Just as taking and sharing videos with a smartphone is becoming second nature to consumers, professional reporters are increasingly turning to FDD-LTE and TD-LTE to connect to broadcasting centers or internet video live streaming services. For this type of use the throughput and Quality of Service (QoS) at the cell edge are of vital importance.
NSN has enhanced its Smart Scheduler to deliver up to 50% higher uplink data rates at cell edge and up to 20% more uplink cell capacity. The enhanced performance can be achieved on FDD-LTE and TD-LTE networks through a simple software upgrade on top of NSN Flexi MultiRadio Base Stations. NSN optimization services have gained valuable experience of optimizing LTE networks in advanced markets such as
“Our Smart Scheduler has always been the crown jewel in our LTE implementation,” says
In this video interview with
To share your thoughts and comments, join the discussion with @NSNtweets on Twitter using #LTE, #TDLTE, #mobilebroadband and #1GBperday$.
Nokia Solutions and Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo,
Phone: +358 7140 02869
• Read more about how NSN helped leading Korean operators become world’s first to launch LTE-Advanced commercially here.
** NSN’s LTE references
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11255865.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill