The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "Taking advantage of a pre-built design knowledge and database, this system is able to output designs of the main and standard parts of a progressive die upon users inputting a minimum set of design information. Our system is implemented on top of CATIA V5 software and uses its built-in modules, including Part Design, Assembly Design, and Knowledge Advisor. Our system also consists of an inference engine and a user interface."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The experimental results show that our system successfully reduced the design time from about seven working days to within 2 h for the structural design of the main and standard parts of a progressive die of an upper shell for a mobile phone, which can dramatically save on design time and cost and also provide excellent design quality."
For more information on this research see: Development of an automated structural design system for progressive dies.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief