VMA Open Source delivers performance boosts for a wide-array of network socket applications including financial services, Web 2.0, medical online web services, imaging, radar and other data acquisition systems. VMA provides low latency of 1.5us for a TCP socket-based application and 1.1us for UDP. In addition, VMA delivers more than 4 million multicast packets ingress in a single thread. The result is a reduction in latency by as much as 300 percent and an increase in application throughput by as much as 200 percent per server, as compared to alternatives.
"By opening VMA source code we enable our customers with the freedom to implement the acceleration product and more easily tailor it to their specific application needs,' said
VMA Open Source is made available under a dual license – GPLv2 and commercial – and can be downloaded for free download from Google Code at https://libvma.googlecode.com/.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts