HMA Cultural Marketing got an honorable mention in the Multicultural Campaign category at the PR News' PR Awards ceremony in New York City last week. Contenders in the category included Dell, Havas PR and Cohn & Wolfe.
The PR Awards recognize top PR initiatives in 40 categories for making strides in communication efforts and understanding the power of public relations, according to a news release. HMA earned its spot for its National Influenza Vaccination Disparities Partnership campaign to vaccinate thousands of people.
NIVDP is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
"Our multicultural marketing team for the last 20 years is focused on delivering 'in culture' products and integrated platforms to engage consumers and their community," Irma Maldonado, HMA's founder and CEO, said in a statement. "We are equally proud of the difference HMA is making in addressing health disparities that impact underserved communities."
The NIVDP campaign has worked with more than 500 grass-roots organizations, community clinics, health departments and corporate partners to vaccinate thousands of people across the U.S. and to boost awareness of the benefits of flu vaccination, according to the release.
HMA's innovative media strategies included developing "Un Amor Perdido" ("A Lost Love"), the first Spanish-language motion comic book for the CDC. Watch it HERE or click on the video below.
The Platinum PR Award winners were announced at the luncheon at the Grand Hyatt in New York City. Selected entries are from corporations, agencies and nonprofits.
HMA has applied an in-community philosophy and approach to cultural marketing since 1994.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'