More than 2,000 Herbalife participants filled the Nokia Plaza in downtown Los Angeles last Sunday for a fundraising workout with Herbalife fitness director Samantha Clayton.
Thousands of independent Herbalife distributors from all over the U.S. help raise a total of over $114,000 for The Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) in Los Angeles, according to a news release.
As part of Herbalife's annual "Extravaganza Latina," which attracted more than 12,000 Hispanic independent Herbalife distributors from across the country, the HFF raised more than $114,000 for its Casa Herbalife program, which supports healthy nutrition for vulnerable children in more than 90 programs around the world.
"Our Herbalife community understands the importance of giving back to our community, and Latinos in particular are proud supporters of the Herbalife Family Foundation," Ibi Fleming, senior vice president and managing director of Herbalife North America, said in a statement. "Every year, they challenge themselves to beat their previous year's fundraising efforts to continue improving the communities where they live and work."
The weekend included seminars, training on financial literacy and business development by some of the company's top distributor leaders and company executives, according to the release.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007