More than 2,000 Herbalife participants filled the Nokia Plaza in downtown Los Angeles last Sunday for a fundraising workout with Herbalife fitness director Samantha Clayton.
Thousands of independent Herbalife distributors from all over the U.S. help raise a total of over $114,000 for The Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) in Los Angeles, according to a news release.
As part of Herbalife's annual "Extravaganza Latina," which attracted more than 12,000 Hispanic independent Herbalife distributors from across the country, the HFF raised more than $114,000 for its Casa Herbalife program, which supports healthy nutrition for vulnerable children in more than 90 programs around the world.
"Our Herbalife community understands the importance of giving back to our community, and Latinos in particular are proud supporters of the Herbalife Family Foundation," Ibi Fleming, senior vice president and managing director of Herbalife North America, said in a statement. "Every year, they challenge themselves to beat their previous year's fundraising efforts to continue improving the communities where they live and work."
The weekend included seminars, training on financial literacy and business development by some of the company's top distributor leaders and company executives, according to the release.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks