More than 2,000 Herbalife participants filled the Nokia Plaza in downtown Los Angeles last Sunday for a fundraising workout with Herbalife fitness director Samantha Clayton.
Thousands of independent Herbalife distributors from all over the U.S. help raise a total of over $114,000 for The Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) in Los Angeles, according to a news release.
As part of Herbalife's annual "Extravaganza Latina," which attracted more than 12,000 Hispanic independent Herbalife distributors from across the country, the HFF raised more than $114,000 for its Casa Herbalife program, which supports healthy nutrition for vulnerable children in more than 90 programs around the world.
"Our Herbalife community understands the importance of giving back to our community, and Latinos in particular are proud supporters of the Herbalife Family Foundation," Ibi Fleming, senior vice president and managing director of Herbalife North America, said in a statement. "Every year, they challenge themselves to beat their previous year's fundraising efforts to continue improving the communities where they live and work."
The weekend included seminars, training on financial literacy and business development by some of the company's top distributor leaders and company executives, according to the release.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton