The government is planning to establish
Some of the emerging applications of smart materials are in textiles, coatings, electronics, sensors etc.
She said priority should be given to materials synthesis for prevailing ambient conditions of
It is necessary that the latest equipment and research facilities are made available to the researchers, she mentioned.
Although, there are various universities in
Dr.Mudasar said these centers must act as an interface between the academic institutions and the industry.
“Establishment of more departments in universities/R&D institutions/laboratories in
Chairperson PCST said Materials science plays a significant role in the economic progress of a country and contributes directly towards the growth of the industrial sector, particularly ceramics, plastics, metallurgy, aerospace, telecommunications, transportation, electronics, micro and optoelectronics, energy, healthcare, computing, consumer goods, and construction.
“The relevance of materials science with modern technological developments needs to be underscored”. It is necessary to provide highly trained manpower in this field in order to meet the present as well as future needs of the country, she said.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project