Widevine DRM is natively supported on Google Chromecast, Chromebook and devices using the Android operating system, allowing secure video content playback without requiring any prior software installation. Leveraging MPEG-DASH and Common Encryption standards, the integration between
"As more people use more devices to watch more video, it is critical that operators are able to protect that content and also deliver it using a converged, flexible platform," said Julien SignÈs,
Envivio Halo is designed to provide a wide range of advanced video processing functions for TV Everywhere and TV Anytime services. In addition to packaging, encryption and distribution, Halo is designed to support time-shifted TV applications such as multi-screen network PVR, Catch-up and Start-over TV with live-to-file capabilities, targeted ad insertion, and personalization of the user experience based on individual viewer requests.
More than 300 content and service providers around the globe have selected
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low