1. Take control of energy use with Iris: Put your home's comfort controls and energy usage at your fingertips, all from your smartphone, tablet or computer with Iris, a home management system that lets you wirelessly control and monitor your home from anywhere. Schedule temperature and light settings to stay comfortable when you're home and to save energy when you're away. Install Iris quickly and easily to give you added convenience, lower energy bills and customized control of your home with just the touch of a button.
2. Light up with LED bulbs: Beginning
3. Update old appliances: Outdated appliances can be a drain on your home's energy consumption. With the holiday season approaching, avoid the hassle of one breaking while guests are visiting. A new ENERGY STAR(®) appliance uses up to 66 percent less energy than standard models. In fact, an ENERGY STAR refrigerator uses less energy than a 60-watt light bulb. Lowe's even offers free next-day delivery and haul away of your old appliance to avoid any inconvenience during stressful holiday months. Also, consider updating your water heater to a GE GeoSpring model, which provides the same hot water recovery as a traditional unit but saves
4. Weatherproof for winter: Adding insulation to your attic is one of the best energy-efficiency upgrades a homeowner can make. In fact, insulating your home with weatherization products such as insulation, weather stripping and caulk can save a family up to
5. Add stylish decor, with energy in mind: More than 30 percent of home heating and energy is lost through windows because they have the lowest insulation barrier in the home. Thermal curtains can help save up to 25 percent on home energy bills. In the winter, keep curtains open when there's direct sunlight available and close them when there's no natural light entering the room. Also, setting the fan to spin clockwise will help circulate air throughout your home more efficiently, cutting down the cost of keeping warm.
For more tips on how to make your home energy efficient, including ways to save money with rebates and utility offers, such as how to save as much as
Keywords for this news article include: Lowe's, Light Bulb, Electronics.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women