The benefits of telecommuting are significant, and many companies are now offering work from home options. The equipment and the software a person uses to work from home vary greatly. An article from eMazzanti Technologies provides tips and advice on the tools that might be needed, along with useful links to other tips for telecommuters.
#1: Setting up a workspace
“A typical telecommuter can have a much easier time focusing on work if he or she creates a private, dedicated space for a home office,” according to
#2: Choose a computer and connection
With so many choices out there, deciding what computer or computers to buy can be daunting. Will a laptop computer be needed to take on the road or into the office? How should a person prioritize requirements—by price, size, power, or speed?
“If you need some help assessing your needs,” says Mazzanti, “use online tools such as Find Your New PC (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/pc-selector) or seek out other resources like Choosing the Mobile PC That’s Right for You (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Choosing-the-mobile-PC-thats-right-for-you).
See what’s being offered at
• Compare prices with the help of Bing Shopping.
• Visit a trusted computer store, and ask for their advice.
• Ask friends or colleagues who work at home to see which PCs they recommend.
A user will need Internet access via a connection that is reliable and provides the speed needed at a rate and cost that matches the budget. A person can use a DSL connection through the phone company, a broadband connection for high speed Internet through a cable company, or even a satellite connection (available at a higher cost but perhaps necessary if in an isolated location). A computer user will also need an Internet Service Provider, which may be the same company used for the connection.
#3 Set up a Safe Network
If a person uses multiple computers at home, he will probably want to set up a home network so that, as he works online, he can have access to the same files wherever he us. He’ll need to make some initial decisions, including whether he want to set up a wireless network and, if so, how to set it up. The setup details depend on the Windows operating system such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If a person wants to set up a network between a home computer and company computers, here are some technologies that will help.
• A virtual private network creates a secure connection, called a tunnel, between a mobile computer and the server.
• Remote Desktop is a technology built into Windows that allows a person to sit at a computer and connect to a remote computer in a different location. For example, a user can connect to a work computer from a home computer and have access to all programs, files, and network resources—just as though the user were in front of a computer at work.
About eMazzanti Technologies
eMazzanti Technologies’ team of trained, certified experts provide 24x7 outsourced IT support to help ensure business productivity, address challenges of growth, cloud computing, mobility, critical business continuity and disaster recovery demands. The consultancy has special expertise in manufacturing, distribution, retail, financial, architectural, engineering, construction, government, educational, legal services, accounting, marketing communications, and healthcare market segments, while maintaining high customer satisfaction levels. Flexible support plans range from fixed-fee, around-the-clock network management where eMazzanti functions as an extension of a businesses’ IT staff to a custom-solution provided on an as-needed basis. eMazzanti serves the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/telecommutingtips/security/prweb11201643.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise