ENP Newswire -
Release date- 21102013 -
The announcement was made during the
United plans to equip up to 397 of its aircraft over the next six years with avionics equipment necessary to provide the pilot-to-controller digital communications.
'United has always been a technology leader in commercial aviation,' said
Harris also has established an
'This is a key milestone in the effort to move from traditional ATC to more active air traffic management,' said
Harris is demonstrating the pilot-to-controller data communications capability as part of its ATCA exhibit.
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in
This press release contains forward-looking statements that reflect management's current expectations, assumptions and estimates of future performance and economic conditions. Such statements are made in reliance upon the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The company cautions investors that any forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future trends to differ materially from those matters expressed in or implied by such forward-looking statements. Harris disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Harris Government Communications Systems
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org]
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits