Ubiquiti also announced the beta release of the Ubiquiti World Network™, an alliance of WISPs that will help incite even greater growth for fixed wireless broadband. The announcements were made at WISPAPALOOZA 2013 held last week in
With Ubiquiti's next-gen product line up and Ubiquiti World Network™, WISPs will be able to leverage the company's fixed wireless access technologies to grow their capacity, reach previously inaccessible geographies, provide competitive service packages, and reduce installation time.
"We believe fixed wireless access technology is among the most cost effective and capital-efficient ways to bring Internet connectivity to underserved communities around the world,' said
In a recent study conducted by research firm IDC, Fixed Wireless Access: Global and Regional Market Opportunity, it was estimated that fixed wireless access is growing at 21.8% CAGR through 2017, making it one of the fastest-growing broadband access technologies and the most viable alternative to cable, DSL, fiber and satellite. This growth represents a projected
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women