To speed up the Salt 2.9.2 update process, new server-side capabilities allow automatic overnight downloads of Salt software updates. For increased security, administrators can automatically allow or disallow logins based on transaction code authorization. The update also hardens data storage mechanisms and applies the latest security patches to both utility packages and the core operating system. Guarding code under development against unauthorized access ensures production system integrity while greater automation of updates eliminates error-prone manual procedures.
“The new version enhances standard authentication processes to provide greater administrative and developer control,” notes
Benefits of Salt 2.9.2 features include:
• Tighter security: Encrypted SMTP email server password storage, administrator-configured automatic transaction-code authorization at user log-in, and latest core-system and utility package security patches make Salt operations more secure than ever
• Simpler, faster updates: Server-side software updates with overnight downloads greatly simplify and accelerate the Salt software update process
• Enhanced performance: The back-end Salt engine is now integrated with the web application to reduce overhead and support, while intelligent prioritization of tasks optimizes the user interface, and makes it both faster and more responsive
• Expanded Change Summary Reports: Expanded help within each change summary report explain in greater detail how each data point is calculated and interpret what it means
Salt 2.9.2 also includes various “under the hood” optimizations that speed operation while Salt delivers its detailed change intelligence via the same maintenance-free virtual appliance dashboard now used for Salt on hundreds of SAP solution-powered IT systems around the world.
For a complete list of Salt 2.9.2 features, see http://www.saltapps.com where you can access a Salt Online Test Drive System and register for the Salt no-cost 90-day trial for use on up to 20 systems. You can download the Salt data sheet here.
More information on RSC, its products and services can be found at http://www.xrsc.com and at the SAP TechEd Las Vegas conference
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11255064.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia