By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The upcoming Broadway cast of "Les Miserables" is anything but miserable - veteran theater actors Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson, Nikki M. James and Caissie Levy are all on board.
Producers announced Tuesday that "The Phantom of the Opera" veteran Karimloo was cast as Jean Valjean, "Hair" star Swenson as Javert, "Ghost" star Levy as Fantine and "The Book of Mormon" star James as Eponine.
The re-imagined story will begin previews March 1 at the Imperial Theatre. Additional casting, including the roles of Marius and Cosette, will be announced later.
The show marks the third time the show has made it to Broadway.
The Oscar-nominated big screen adaptation directed by Tom Hooper starred Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway.
Follow Mark Kennedy on Twitter at http://twitter.com/KennedyTwits
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana