By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The upcoming Broadway cast of "Les Miserables" is anything but miserable - veteran theater actors Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson, Nikki M. James and Caissie Levy are all on board.
Producers announced Tuesday that "The Phantom of the Opera" veteran Karimloo was cast as Jean Valjean, "Hair" star Swenson as Javert, "Ghost" star Levy as Fantine and "The Book of Mormon" star James as Eponine.
The re-imagined story will begin previews March 1 at the Imperial Theatre. Additional casting, including the roles of Marius and Cosette, will be announced later.
The show marks the third time the show has made it to Broadway.
The Oscar-nominated big screen adaptation directed by Tom Hooper starred Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway.
Follow Mark Kennedy on Twitter at http://twitter.com/KennedyTwits
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response