By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The upcoming Broadway cast of "Les Miserables" is anything but miserable - veteran theater actors Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson, Nikki M. James and Caissie Levy are all on board.
Producers announced Tuesday that "The Phantom of the Opera" veteran Karimloo was cast as Jean Valjean, "Hair" star Swenson as Javert, "Ghost" star Levy as Fantine and "The Book of Mormon" star James as Eponine.
The re-imagined story will begin previews March 1 at the Imperial Theatre. Additional casting, including the roles of Marius and Cosette, will be announced later.
The show marks the third time the show has made it to Broadway.
The Oscar-nominated big screen adaptation directed by Tom Hooper starred Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway.
Follow Mark Kennedy on Twitter at http://twitter.com/KennedyTwits
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet