According to Gartner analysts, tablet shipments are projected to soar 53.4 percent in 2013, while traditional PCs are on track to drop 11.2 percent from last year.
Analysts found that worldwide PC, tablet and mobile smartphone shipments will grow 4.5 percent in 2013 with lower-priced devices leading the way, Mashable reports.
The study found that the mobile phone market will continue to grow, but consumers will be less attracted to higher-priced smartphones.
This means growth is expected from "mid-tier smartphones in mature markets and low-end Android smartphones in emerging markets," the company added. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief