By Mass Communication Specialist Seaman
Commander, U.S. Third Fleet Public Affairs
"Robert, you have invested your life into the
During his time as commander, Hennegan led efforts to ensure
"This is my fifth change of command and fifth opportunity to lead such a terrific team and I feel very fortunate; it has been the highlight of my entire career from my early days on the USS Buffalo to today, here with this NMAWC team," said Hennegan.
Highlights from Hennegan's career include serving in fleet support positions on the staff of Commander, Submarine Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet and at
"Beyond these shores, the world is a very dangerous place and many of you have seen this first hand," said Merz. "NMAWC represents two of today's most challenging warfare areas [mine and anti-submarine]. But fortunately this great challenge pulls together great talent, and this command is known for great talent."
Merz's tours include USS Haddo (SSN 604), USS Proteus (AS 19), and USS Boise (SSN 764). Command assignments consisted of the deep submergence vessel Submarine NR-1, USS Memphis (SSN 691) and
Ashore, Merz conducted submarine design research in Carderock, Md., served on the
NMAWC's mission includes providing mine warfare commander battle staff to support operational maritime component commanders in executing operational control of air, surface and underwater mine countermeasure forces.
U.S. Third Fleet leads naval forces in the Eastern Pacific from the
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses