Washington, Oct. 22 (ANI): A majority of Americans have said a GOP-controlled House is bad for the country and want Speaker John Boehner replaced, a new poll has found.
The CNN/ORC Poll found that 54 percent said that it is a bad thing that Republicans control the House, up 11 percentage points since December 2012.
The poll found that only 38 percent of Americans said it is a good thing for the country.
Nearly 63 percent of respondents said that Boehner should go, a view expressed by nearly half of those within his own party. Only 30 percent support his leadership, the poll found.
This is the first time a majority of Americans is unhappy with the GOP controlling the House since the party gained control of the chamber in the 2010 midterm elections, Politico reports.
These numbers follow a disastrous week for the Republican Party that saw all-time lows in approval ratings during the government shutdown. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Majority of Americans want John Boehner replaced as speaker
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief