Washington, Oct. 22 (ANI): A majority of Americans have said a GOP-controlled House is bad for the country and want Speaker John Boehner replaced, a new poll has found.
The CNN/ORC Poll found that 54 percent said that it is a bad thing that Republicans control the House, up 11 percentage points since December 2012.
The poll found that only 38 percent of Americans said it is a good thing for the country.
Nearly 63 percent of respondents said that Boehner should go, a view expressed by nearly half of those within his own party. Only 30 percent support his leadership, the poll found.
This is the first time a majority of Americans is unhappy with the GOP controlling the House since the party gained control of the chamber in the 2010 midterm elections, Politico reports.
These numbers follow a disastrous week for the Republican Party that saw all-time lows in approval ratings during the government shutdown. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Majority of Americans want John Boehner replaced as speaker
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11