ENP Newswire -
Release date- 21102013 -
The Harris Airborne Multi-channel Radio (HAMR) provides two channels of wideband communications in the same size, weight and power configuration as a single-channel radio. Having two encrypted channels enables the military to communicate using voice, high-speed IP-networked data, and full-motion video in air-to-air and air-to-ground communications at 100 times the speed of legacy narrowband radios.
HAMR is based on the Harris Falcon III AN/PRC-152A multiband handheld radio, which is Joint Tactical Radio System certified to operate as part of the
'HAMR uses the same field-proven technology and is fully interoperable with our
The demonstration follows Harris' introduction last month of its RF-7850A-MR airborne radio for international military users.
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in
Harris Government Communications Systems
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org]
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim