“The new, straightforward worldwide weather pricing plans offer owners and operators predictability of their month-to-month service charges and provides pilots confidence knowing they’ll have access to valuable weather information when they need it most,” said
Customers may select from two worldwide weather plans based on their flying needs. For those with moderate flight activity, a package that offers a set number of weather requests for a single monthly price is available and for owners and operators flying more frequently, a larger package encompassing more weather requests, offers pilots an additional option. These plans also contain monthly fees as well as any airtime charges associated with the weather requests for an easy-to-understand price. All-inclusive plans start at $100a month1. Existing customers can continue to use their existing plan or rollover their account to either of the new, simplified plans at any time.
Position reporting services offer owners and operators information that may be important for business and personal purposes. Using their
To take advantage of these new plans and service as well as other global connectivity services, customers need a GSR 56® Iridium datalink transceiver2 and a compatible display using the latest software. The GSR 56 is currently compatible with the GTN™ series, G500™, G600™, G500H™ flight displays, select G1000®/G950™-equipped aircraft, and G900X™ flight decks for experimental aircraft, with future availability in select G2000™, G3000™, and G5000™-equipped aircraft.
For more information, visit: http://www.garmin.com/connext
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM