The rapid pace of growth in the electronics trade has made
As far as exports and re-exports are concerned, Saudi Arabia is ranked first with a share of AED 13 billion, followed by
Mobile phones operated by cellular and other wireless networks hold a leading position amongst the emirate s imports of electronics, with a share of 50 percent, or AED 37 billion, followed by personal computers, with 14 percent, equivalent to AED 10 billion. Then comes satellite receiving equipment with a AED 3 billion share of 5 percent. Overall, the total share of these products account for 68 percent of the total imports, with a value of AED 51 billion.
With regards to export and re-export activities, mobile phones are in pole position with a share of 58 percent, equal to AED 35 billion, followed by personal computers with a share of 12 percent or AED 7 billion, and bringing up the rear is satellite receiving equipment with a 3 percent share, a value of AED 2 billion. Taken as a whole, these products represent 73 percent of the total exports and re-exports, with a value of AED 44 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse