The Recycle My Cell program is operated by CWTA in conjunction with cell phone carriers, handset manufacturers and approved processors.
Operating voluntarily in the province since 2009, the Recycle My Cell program has already recovered almost 22,000 wireless devices.
With its new designation as a government-approved program, Recycle My Cell will strengthen its commitment to the management of electronic waste in the province by building upon its current 41 permanent drop-off centres in 15 communities.
"We know that the residents of
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status
- New Iran Sanctions Should Be Put Off for Now, Banking Chief Urges