BEVERLY HILLS, California -- Award season has launched early this year as the movie industry's hometown gives out its own film awards.
Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Harrison Ford, Jerry Weintraub and Lee Daniels received top honors at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala held on Monday at The Beverly Hilton.
Each recipient was presented with an award by esteemed cohorts as the stars enjoyed the untelevised, and unedited, evening.
Robert Downey Jr. praised Jared Leto's work in "Dallas Buyers Club" when presenting him with the "Breakout Performance" award. "August: Osage County" actress Julia Roberts accepted her supporting actress award while barefoot.
"12 Years a Slave" actress Lupita Nyong'o offered a tearful speech in accepting her "New Hollywood Award."
There is talk of televising the show next year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations