BEVERLY HILLS, California -- Award season has launched early this year as the movie industry's hometown gives out its own film awards.
Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Harrison Ford, Jerry Weintraub and Lee Daniels received top honors at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala held on Monday at The Beverly Hilton.
Each recipient was presented with an award by esteemed cohorts as the stars enjoyed the untelevised, and unedited, evening.
Robert Downey Jr. praised Jared Leto's work in "Dallas Buyers Club" when presenting him with the "Breakout Performance" award. "August: Osage County" actress Julia Roberts accepted her supporting actress award while barefoot.
"12 Years a Slave" actress Lupita Nyong'o offered a tearful speech in accepting her "New Hollywood Award."
There is talk of televising the show next year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits