BEVERLY HILLS, California -- Award season has launched early this year as the movie industry's hometown gives out its own film awards.
Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Harrison Ford, Jerry Weintraub and Lee Daniels received top honors at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala held on Monday at The Beverly Hilton.
Each recipient was presented with an award by esteemed cohorts as the stars enjoyed the untelevised, and unedited, evening.
Robert Downey Jr. praised Jared Leto's work in "Dallas Buyers Club" when presenting him with the "Breakout Performance" award. "August: Osage County" actress Julia Roberts accepted her supporting actress award while barefoot.
"12 Years a Slave" actress Lupita Nyong'o offered a tearful speech in accepting her "New Hollywood Award."
There is talk of televising the show next year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill