BEVERLY HILLS, California -- Award season has launched early this year as the movie industry's hometown gives out its own film awards.
Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Harrison Ford, Jerry Weintraub and Lee Daniels received top honors at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala held on Monday at The Beverly Hilton.
Each recipient was presented with an award by esteemed cohorts as the stars enjoyed the untelevised, and unedited, evening.
Robert Downey Jr. praised Jared Leto's work in "Dallas Buyers Club" when presenting him with the "Breakout Performance" award. "August: Osage County" actress Julia Roberts accepted her supporting actress award while barefoot.
"12 Years a Slave" actress Lupita Nyong'o offered a tearful speech in accepting her "New Hollywood Award."
There is talk of televising the show next year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World