OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Billionaire Warren Buffett says there's no chance his friend Bill Gates will return to lead Microsoft Corp. as CEO.
Buffett was asked about whether Gates might return to Microsoft when current CEO Steve Ballmer retires in less than a year during an appearance on Bloomberg television Tuesday.
Buffett says Gates is doing what he loves leading the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and he has more than a full-time job with the charity.
Buffett and Gates are close friends, and Buffett has entrusted the Gates Foundation with giving away the bulk of his fortune over time. Gates also serves on the board of Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. conglomerate.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Buffett says Gates won't reclaim Microsoft CEO job
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says