OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Billionaire Warren Buffett says there's no chance his friend Bill Gates will return to lead Microsoft Corp. as CEO.
Buffett was asked about whether Gates might return to Microsoft when current CEO Steve Ballmer retires in less than a year during an appearance on Bloomberg television Tuesday.
Buffett says Gates is doing what he loves leading the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and he has more than a full-time job with the charity.
Buffett and Gates are close friends, and Buffett has entrusted the Gates Foundation with giving away the bulk of his fortune over time. Gates also serves on the board of Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. conglomerate.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Buffett says Gates won't reclaim Microsoft CEO job
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think