"Thinner, lighter, more powerful than ever before...it deserves a new name," the tech company's senior vice president
"The new iPad Air weighs just one pound (453g). That makes it the lightest full size tablet in the world."
The new tablet will have the faster A7 chip and a "Retina display" with increased screen resolution. It will come in two colors--silver and "space gray."
The company also announced that an upgraded version of its smaller iPad mini will go on sale in November. It will have a higher resolution screen and the same A7 chip as the larger tablet.
"We launched iPad three and a half years ago...iPad has gone on to become one of the most successful products in
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts