TDS Telecommunications has announced the completion of its sixth American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) stimulus-funded broadband internet project. Now, approximately 250 additional households in Fannin County have access to internet service. More than seven miles of fibre optics cabling was installed and three cabinets were placed throughout TDS' Blue Ridge Telephone to provide internet access to more residents. This project in Georgia is one of 44 that TDS is receiving funding for from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Utilities Service (RUS) as part of the ARRA. TDS projected the cost at about USD 1.14 million. The RUS grant covered 75 percent of the cost and TDS invested the remaining 25 percent (nearly USD 300,000) to expand broadband further out to more residents in Fannin County.