The strategic partnership agreement targets the application of ASTRI's key on-going researches on communications technologies to ALCATEL ONETOUCH/TCL's existing and future 4G product portfolio, as well as 5G standard development and future generation wireless products. The collaboration will focus on delivering the higher data rates (i.e. LTE advanced and beyond) and ad-hoc networking needed to create a holistic intelligent user experience. Research projects will focus on enabling ALCATEL ONETOUCH and TCL smart-device to deliver superior technology performance over competitor products, at the same time as bringing new value and services to consumers.
The agreement was signed by Dr.
ASTRI was founded by the Government of Hong Kong SAR in 2000 with a mission to enhance
One of ASTRI's main areas of focus is on developing world-class wireless technologies including reliable location positioning, determination and tracking functions for wireless networks; multiple channels in wireless devices within an area of coverage for efficient bandwidth deployment; busy tones for wireless networks; controlled access to a wireless medium to enhance network throughput; and an accurate channel quality indicator for linked adaptation in a Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output (MIMO) system. The application of these advanced technologies will enable TCL to create new value for customers and consumers and improve the competitiveness of its mobile product portfolio.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia