Sharp has commercialized production of IGZO LCD panels for smartphones and will begin manufacturing them at its Kameyama Plant Number 2 before the end of 2013.
At Kameyama Plant Number 2, Sharp has been using 8G glass substrates to produce LCD panels for large-size TVs. Having introduced IGZO display technology in
Using 8G glass substrates, Sharp will be the first company in the world to achieve commercial production of high-definition LCD panels for smartphones, the company said. The highly efficient production levels achievable with 8G glass substrates will be made possible by an optimized production process as well as by IGZO technology's ability to enable smaller thin-film transistors and increased light transmittance.
Sharp also said it will continue to expand the range of applications of IGZO in products such as tablets, notebooks, and Ultra HD displays.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign