The Philadelphia-set, boxing-themed musical "Rocky" is to open on Broadway in February, Nederlander Theatres announced.
The stage adaptation of the classic 1976 movie is being directed by Alex Timbers and features a book written by Thomas Meehan and Sylvester Stallone, the author and star of the original "Rocky," as well as its five sequels.
Stallone also serves as a producer on the musical, which includes songs by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty. The show stars Andy Karl as the titular pugilist and Margo Seibert as his shy girlfriend Adrian.
"Both an adrenaline-infused spectacle and a surprising tale of blossoming romance between two lonely outsiders, 'Rocky' is a visceral and heart-stopping theatrical experience for everyone brave enough to follow their dream," Nederlander Theatres said in promotional material released Monday.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List