Energia: World's first self-powered dimmable window for aircraft cabins to be unveiled at Vision Systems' booth (C9522) at the 2013 NBAA, on
SPD-Smart dimmable windows are increasingly in demand by aerospace OEMs, airlines, operators and aircraft owners. Energia, Vision Systems' new product, adds the many practical, technical, and financial benefits of solar power to the instant switching speed, wide range of light transmission, and relief from light, glare and heat that SPD-Smart aircraft windows already provide. Energia operates without using the aircraft's electrical system because it integrates a transparent photovoltaic layer that is capable of producing its own energy – from the sun, or from artificial light sources.
Vision Systems is unveiling its new patented solution Energia at the 2013 NBAA – the year's most significant event for the business aviation industry which brings together business leaders, government officials, manufacturers, corporate aviation department personnel and other professionals involved in business aviation.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida