Some 21 million Italians aged 11-74 access internet using a smartphone, an increase of 35 percent compared to 2012, while the growth in tablet use is even more striking at 160 percent year-on-year (6 million in total). These are some of the findings of the beta version of Audiweb Mobile, a new service set up by Audiweb in partnership with
According the data released, the monthly online audience for August was 9.2 million smartphone users and 4 million tablet users in the 11-74 age range. Tablet use, up 30 percent in the last quarter, is increasing at a particularly fast rate, while connection from a PC decreased 3 percent in August compared to the previous year and 7 percent in terms of time spent online. According to the survey, 38 million Italians between 11 and 74 claim to be able to access the internet via any device.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data