LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Behind The Scenes: A Young Person's Guide to Film History, a new release from The Hollywood Press, is designed for everyone who loves the movies and would like to introduce young audiences to classic cinema. The 170-page illustrated soft cover book provides insightful glimpses into the lives and work of early filmmakers, memorable screen icons and less familiar figures.
Written by Jeremy Geltzer, a film professor, entertainment lawyer and first time author, the book is targeted to middle grade readers 9-13. It brings the pioneering days of filmmaking to life, starting with the Lumiere brothers' invention and moving to the story of how Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp became the biggest star of all. The history of the movies comes to life in biographic stories including Oscar Micheaux, one of the earliest African American filmmakers who created a one-man studio to counter the films coming out of Hollywood. Additional chapters detail the stories behind the struggles and successes of Greta Garbo, Busby Berkeley and a host of child actors including Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney. Recommended films accompany each chapter.
Behind the Scenes is available for $9.99 from Amazon.com and $5.99 at the Apple e-bookstore. The individual chapters on Charlie Chaplin and Oscar Micheaux (50 pages each) are available as separate books in both print and electronic formats ($6.99 print and $3.99 e-book). More information is available at Hollywood-press.com and on Twitter@HollywoodBabel.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20131021005135/en/
For Behind The Scenes Jeremy Geltzer, 818-641-4302 email@example.com
Source: The Hollywood Press
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans