Mushikiwabo made the remarks while speaking at the international conference on Cyberspace, held in
She noted that
The minister pointed out that there are two components that
The first component is high-speed broadband, preferably mobile broadband. The second component is national computing power in the form of IT cloud services.
Citing various examples, Mushikiwabo pointed out that Rwandan companies and the people of
Cross border cooperation
"Young entrepreneurs are selling and buying homes. A mother in rural
She likened broadband to a highway over which cars and trucks travel.
"We believe the answer is in cross border cooperation, one that can provide us with access to technology and know-how coupled with interstate cooperation between strategic technology partners," said the Minister.
She noted that
The two countries have developed excellent cooperation.
One of the areas is the operations of Korean telecom, which is seen as quick link to helping
The minister also informed participants that
The conference which aims at mobilising the international IT community to set a new agenda for
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief