This funding opportunity uses the R41/R42 research grant mechanism.
There is no award amount specified for this funding opportunity.
This funding opportunity is open to small businesses and foreign components.
A funding opportunity notice from the NIH states: "POC [Point-of-Care] technologies are becoming increasingly valuable tools in improving or enhancing the diagnosis of several conditions including congestive heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, coagulopathy and asthma. Major benefits such as faster time to intervention have been demonstrated when the results of POC testing are utilized in conjunction with Electronic Health Records or mobile technology, and when combined with goal directed therapy. Utilization of POC technology allows for: 1. Greater accessibility to novel technologies for disease diagnosis; 2. Real-time detection of clinical laboratory measures/biomarkers; 3. Standardization of phenotype measurements; $. Rapid, standardized and cost-effective diagnosis; 5. Improved assay/test throughput, decreased assay turn-around times; 6. Decreased delays in initiation of therapy; and 7. Enhanced communication of test results with multiple parties."
The funding opportunity number is RFA-HL-14-017 (CFDA Nos. 93.233, 93.350, 93.837, 93.838 & 93.839). The application closing date is
For more information about
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise