SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Yahoo today announced that technology columnist, best-selling author and television host David Pogue will join Yahoo to spearhead the company's consumer technology content. David will lead a major expansion of consumer tech coverage on Yahoo and will publish columns, blog posts, video stories and more, starting later this year.
"Yahoo is a company that's young, revitalized, aggressive and, under Marissa Mayer's leadership, razor-focused," David said. "We all thrive on new experiences, and as someone who loves to build cool new stuff, I'm excited to jump in head first."
"Yahoo is in a unique position to bring to life great editorial about the technology consumers are using every day," said Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo. "David is tremendously talented, has a great sense of humor, and is one of the best technology experts I've ever encountered. I can't think of a more perfect person to make technology more accessible and helpful for the hundreds of millions of people who come to Yahoo every day."
David has covered the consumer technology industry for more than 25 years, most recently as a columnist for the New York Times. With more than 3 million books in print, he is one of the world's bestselling how-to authors. David is also an Emmy-winning correspondent on CBS Sunday Morning and hosts the popular "NOVA ScienceNow" television series on PBS. For more information, visit www.davidpogue.com.
Original headline: Yahoo Hires David Pogue to Lead Consumer Tech Coverage
Copyright Business Wire 2013
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW