Inverters and monitoring from
The complex, highly customized PV installation covers four individual sites, each divided into multiple sub-sites, and a mix of rooftop, ground, and carport installations.
AEG PS supplied solar inverters from its broad range of modular and central inverter products to optimally cover the different sites. The solution included Protect PV.500 inverters, which feature power stacks with advanced measuring and control technology to enable DC input voltages of up to 1000 VDC. It also included MPV.Systems, whose transformer-less modular design allows up to five inverter modules to be turned on as needed to match the solar power available, and therefore to run at optimal efficiency. This optimization, with advanced inverter design and no transformer losses, yields efficiencies of up to 98%.
skytron energy provided a complete monitoring, control and supervision package which includes the PVGuard control room platform. The PVGuard software integrates all sites into one intuitive visualization platform. The installed instrumentation and control system incorporates intelligent string combiner boxes, data loggers, weather and irradiation sensors, and a central power plant controller. All functions of a complex power generation plant are covered: real-time condition monitoring and data acquisition, long-term data storage, and grid stability management. The skycontrol power plant controller ensures automatic control of grid injection and provides newly developed remote interfaces for manual setpoint inputs. These enable the end user to remotely control active and reactive power, ramp rates, and power curtailment.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits