Other highlights include:
· The company added a further one million new data users in Q3, bringing the penetration of mobile data within the mobile customer base to over 18%. Year to date around 5.7% of the customer base gained access to data services.
· Smartphone sales in
· One year after the launch of our unlimited music service in
· Growth in
· Group EBITDA reported at
The third quarter resulted in accelerating underlying and reported trends:
· We recruited close to 1.5 million net new mobile users and over 1m new mobile data customers. Half of our new data customers became smartphone users, a clear enabler for the digital lifestyle.
· In Cable & Digital Media, we successfully managed to cross sell more services to our record net new RGUs recruited in the first nine months of the year.
· In MFS,
· In our Online business, organic growth reached over 25% quarter on quarter and has accelerated while costs have been contained. We have now launched our online marketplace services in
Commenting on the results, Millicom’s President and CEO
“This quarter’s strong growth highlights the continuing opportunity in
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response