According to 49% of respondents in this sector, the top motivator for M2M adoption is competitive advantage. Manufacturers, particularly those creating the latest consumer electronics, can use M2M to transform their products into smart, connected devices.
Manufacturers know that in order to compete and grow, they have to innovate constantly and find new products that add value for customers. But differentiation of the end product is not enough. Manufacturers must create value-added services to include with their products that are not easily copied. These might include warranty, asset tracking, security and predictive maintenance services. M2M can enable all these value-added services for manufacturing businesses.
The state of M2M in manufacturing and consumer electronics highlights findings from
To download and read The state of M2M in manufacturing and consumer electronics research paper in full, visit m2m.vodafone.com/barometer.
Keywords for this news article include: Electronics, Telecommunications.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod