Varian's new RapidPlan™ software* will provide clinicians with standard of care models to use as a baseline for developing new IMRT treatment plans for their patients. IMRT is a type of radiotherapy that focuses precisely on the tumor while minimizing exposure of surrounding healthy tissues.
"RapidPlan will improve the quality and efficiency of treatment planning, much like our RapidArc technology enhanced treatment delivery," says
RapidPlan is a comprehensive tool within Varian's Eclipse™ treatment planning system that may be used to plan virtually every type of external beam radiotherapy, including intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), RapidArc® radiotherapy, stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), and stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR). It is seamlessly integrated with Varian's Eclipse™ treatment planning software.
"RapidPlan is designed to be a 'learning system,'" says
"RapidPlan helps automate an important part of the treatment planning process, in much the same way as our Smart Segmentation™ knowledge-based tool, introduced in 2011, which automates contouring of organs within diagnostic images," says Toth. "Both tools are designed to allow clinicians to access an extensive body of clinical experience while expediting cumbersome, time-consuming processes."
"We're excited to introduce RapidPlan, and look forward to developing many more tools designed to improve the quality and cost effectiveness of care," says
Keywords for this news article include: Oncology, Software, Treatment, Radiotherapy,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses