Nestle's Abuelita, the Mexican hot chocolate families have come to know and love, is encouraging U.S. Hispanic women to embrace Dia de los Muertos. Dia De Los Muertos is one of Mexico's traditional holidays honoring beloved ancestors, family and friends who have passed on. In Mexico, families flock to cemeteries to visit their loved ones, and sit around with food and drink reminiscing of old times.
The Mexican hot chocolate brand plans to inspire Hispanics through its sponsorship of the Hollywood Forever Day of the Dead event in Los Angeles on Saturday, Nov. 2.
"Día de los Muertos is one of the most cherished holidays celebrated by Latinas in the U.S., as it not only resonates with their heritage but also allows them to personalize almost every detail of the festivity, from the decorations on their altar to their personal recipe for pan de muertos," said Carlos Velasco, president of the international brands division of Nestle USA. "We are proud to have Nestle Abuelita and Nescafe Cafe de Olla be part of our consumers' Day of the Dead celebrations."
This fall, the beverage brands will connect with consumers through a variety of activities, including:
• As a sponsor of the 14th annual Día de los Muertos event at the historic Hollywood Forever Cemetery in L.A. on Nov. 2, the brands will attempt to establish the Guinness World Record for the largest Day of the Dead altar in the U.S. Designed by local artists Ricardo Soltero and Adan Terriquez, the altar will portray Catrinas enjoying cups of Nestle Abuelita in the afterlife.
• On the same day, consumers will also be encouraged to participate in a costume contest sponsored by the brands for a chance to win $500 in cash and other prizes, and sample hot chocolate and coffee served with pan de muertos.
• The Nestle Abuelita Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/ABUELITA) will be continuously updated with holiday content such as recipes, tips for creating altars and decorating picture frames at home, and details about local sampling events.
• Consumers in Southern California and Texas will also be treated to product samples at more than 80 key Hispanic retail locations, as well as receive instant rebate coupons, face painting activations and more.
Post to comments if there are other Dia de los Muertos events in your community.
Watch this great Dia de los Muertos makeup tutorial by YouTube user venusocean:
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response