iPhone5S sales send Apple shares soaring -->
The tech giant's shares rose 2.4 percent on Tuesday to close at
According to the
The sales reached 9 million in three days, beating the previous iPhone 5 opening weekend last year that did 5 million is sales.
With rivals like Samsung getting major share of the market, Apple had been losing out on the global smartphone market share, however, the latest iPhones is expected to firm the tech giant's stand in the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013